With these quick strawberry daiquiris made with either frozen or fresh, luscious, in-season strawberries, if you can get them, it’s officially happy hour. A splash of citrus juice amps up the strawberry flavor, and a splash of lemon-lime soda adds a touch of effervescence. If you double or quadruple this recipe for a party, you’ll never buy daiquiri mixes or canned, ready-made daiquiris again. Leave out the rum for the greatest strawberry-citrus mocktails in town!
A strawberry daiquiri is a refreshing way to end the summer. This alcoholic frozen beverage will transport you to a tropical paradise.
What Exactly Is a Daiquiri?
A daiquiri is made with rum, citrus juice, and sugar. Daiquiris are available cold, over ice, or frozen. There are numerous sorts of daiquiris, but one of the most popular is the frozen strawberry daiquiri.
What’s In a Strawberry Daiquiri?
Here’s what you’ll need to make your frozen strawberry daiquiri:
- Ice: Ice is required because frozen strawberry daiquiris are all about the slush.
- Sugar: Strawberries are naturally sweet, but white sugar kicks things up a notch.
- Strawberries: Use frozen strawberries from the grocery. If you have an abundance of fresh berries, freeze them or eat them fresh.
- Juices: Lime and lemon juice are required.
- White rum is used in traditional daiquiris.
- Soda: Choose a lemon-lime carbonated soda like Sprite.
How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri
A comprehensive, step-by-step recipe is included below, but making a frozen strawberry daiquiri couldn’t be easier. Simply blend all of the ingredients in a blender! That’s the end of it.
How to Serve Strawberry Daiquiris
Traditionally, frozen daiquiris are served in hurricane glasses (large glasses fashioned like vases). To go the extra mile, rim the glass with white sugar and/or garnish with a fresh strawberry or lime slice.
Nicole’s Best Strawberry Daiquiri Tips and Tricks
Nicole McLaughlin has some thoughts on this frozen strawberry daiquiri recipe. “If this doesn’t taste like a sweet summertime, I don’t know what does.”
If strawberries are in season, go for fresh if you don’t want to miss out on their natural sweetness. Alternatively, use frozen. If you’re serving a large group, don’t be afraid to double or quadruple the recipe. Who doesn’t enjoy a large batch cocktail? This recipe is equally suitable for virgin frozen daiquiris. Simply leave out the rum!
- Frozen strawberries, 4 oz.
- 12 cups granulated sugar
- 12 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 / 8 cup lime juice
- a quarter cup of rum
- 14 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 6 cups ice (as needed)
- Combine frozen strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and lime juice in a blender. Pour in the rum and lemon-lime liquid, then top with ice. Blend until completely smooth.
If you have fresh, in-season strawberries, use them!
Learn more: Foods the Longest-Living People in the World Eat